Sunday 10 March 2013

jalapeno popper chicken.


It was a bright, sunny, and warm March day today.  The sun was seeping through the windows.  I had them all open.  I decided to make one of our favourites tonight... jalapeno popper chicken.  The reason for this picture is to show off my lovely casserole dish.  I literally peeled potatoes in it just because.  It just makes me very happy.



Here is the jalapeno popper chicken before the oven and after cooking.  Mmm.  And now for the recipe!  In my pan's defense, it isn't dirty.  I am breaking it in and you can purchase it here:  Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan.  Apparently they turn really dark after awhile and it just makes them better.  Mine has been nothing but amazing so far and I highly recommend one for every kitchen.  



ingredients

  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
  • 2 tbsp. low-fat cream cheese
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped into small pieces
  • handful of shredded cheddar cheese 
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • a pinch of salt and pepper
  • toothpicks
directions
Preheat your oven to 375.  Mix your cream cheese, shredded cheese, and jalapeno peppers.  Slice "pockets" into your chicken breasts but be careful not to slice them in half.  Stuff your cheesy-jalapeno mix evenly into each pocket. Secure with toothpicks.  (I use 3 for each so that I remember the number and no one is eating them later.)  Dip your chicken into the whisked egg, making sure it is nicely coated.  Then dip into your panko breadcrumbs.  Repeat.  Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.  Don't forget to take the toothpicks out before devouring this delicious chicken.

Probably one of my favourite ways to make chicken.  Absolutely delicious.


1 comment: