Wednesday 13 March 2013

fake bake: day one.

If you know me then you know I will try absolutely anything and everything for a healthy glow.  Especially in the summer.  I am an extremely pale girl.  However, once I have a base tan I seem to be able to keep a good tan.  Last summer I was golden all summer long.  

Here is a short list of the methods I've used to become a bronze goddess:


  • Tanning beds.  (Yes, yes... I know they are terrible for you... but they are so relaxing and they really give you an amazing result.)
  • Bronzers.
  • Tanning oil and my backyard.
  • Spray tans.  (They're pretty amazing once you know how to pose.)  
  • Multiple brands and types of self-tanning lotion.  I have yet to find a lotion that doesn't turn me into an Oompa Loompa. 
Needless to say, I am trying again.  I was shopping and found Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer on sale.  For $2.50.  Seriously it is normally $13.  I had to buy and try it. 


Now I did have a bad experience with their Express lotion last year.  I am talking horrible streaks in the summer when I love to wear shorts and capris.  I thought perhaps foam would be the way to go.  I know it was likely the way I applied it.  Apparently this kind starts a natural glow gradually and takes a week to really see results.

DAY ONE

Don't make fun of my pasty legs.  This is a shot after application.  

I must say I was impressed with the application and the dry-time.  Usually while using a lotion you have to wait forever for it to soak into your skin.  You stand around waiting like a dolt, walking around not wanting to stain your clothing or furniture.  The foam dried instantly and my legs feel lovely and smooth.  I've had #dryskinprobz all winter and this stuff is actually HELPING.  Remind me that I said that in a week if I am whining about how awful my legs look.

So... that brings me to asking who wants to place bets on if I will be whining and regretting this in a week... place your bets, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment