Sunday 14 April 2013

easy italian chicken.


Sometimes it's all about simple meals.  This recipe is easily doubled or tripled if you have a big family--for us we just needed two servings.


ingredients

  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • light mayonnaise 
  • parmesan cheese (fresh works best!)
  • italian seasonings--I used garlic powder as well as Salt-Free Herb and Garlic mix
  • Panko or regular breadcrumbs

directions

Preheat the oven to 375.

Basically all I did was throw the chicken breasts on a pan lined with parchment paper, took a tablespoon full of mayonnaise for each piece of chicken, spread the mayo all over each piece.  Then I sprinkled parmesan over each chicken breast.  Then I mixed together two tablespoons of breadcrumbs, two teaspoons of herb and garlic mix, and a teaspoon of garlic powder into a cup and evenly coated each chicken breast with the breadcrumb mixture.  

If you're making more, just remember it's a teaspoon or tablespoon for each piece of chicken.  Honestly, you can't really go wrong here.  Sprinkle away!

Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes and enjoy.


I served these with my Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes because I had leftover supplies for them from Easter.  You can find that recipe here:  Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes.


I just really love that casserole dish.  It makes me very, very happy.  

So there you have it, easy peasy dinner!  I will say one thing about this recipe... although my sister said it was great, my taste tester still likes Jalapeno Popper Chicken much better.  He loves that chicken so much.  We also added sriracha to the chicken while we were eating it for some kick which is NOT Italian at all... but delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment