Friday 22 February 2013

mini bbq chicken meatloaves.

Chicken can become boring.  I've been trying to change it up here and there.  In the future I will post more chicken recipes once I re-make them.  (Jalapeno popper chicken breasts, fried panko chicken, rosemary chicken).  I have also been trying to use lean ground chicken instead of plain old chicken breasts because again--boring after awhile.

One night I decided to be creative and make mini chicken meatloaves with mashed sweet potatoes.



This is the worst part about ground meat.  Touching it makes me queasy.  But I pulled through, my friends, I sure did.  I mixed it with eggs, panko breadcrumbs, and bbq sauce.  Nasty.  But worth it in the end. 



ingredients

  • 1 package of ground chicken (or beef, pork, or turkey)
  • 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs 
  • 1 egg
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used PC Apple Butter sauce)
  • 1/2 cup or so of BBQ sauce to top meatloaves

directions
Preheat the oven to 375.  Mix the ground meat in a big bowl with egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, and 1/2 cup of bbq sauce.  Try not to be too disgusted, it feels awful.  Once mixed, scoop into a muffin tin, distributing the ground meat evenly.  Pat down with a spoon (or your hands).  Spoon a bit of BBQ sauce onto each mini meatloaf.  Put the pan in the oven and let them cook for 30-35 minutes.


ingredients

  • 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup of cream (I use fat free)
directions
Peel and chop your sweet potatoes.  Put them in a big pot filled with water and heat on high.  Once the water boils, turn the heat down to medium and let the potatoes cook until you can easily pierce through them with a fork.  Once cooked, drain them, put them back into the pot and mash with garlic, salt and pepper, butter, and cream.

This meal was relatively quick and easy.  It was also pretty delicious on a cold night.


No comments:

Post a Comment