Sunday 10 February 2013

buxom love.

I've been pretty sick all week and haven't really cooked, done anything exiciting, etc.  What I have done all week is cough, lose out on a bunch of sleep, and feel sorry for myself.  I've also watched a bunch of The Sopranos Season 6.  I haven't really had the energy or motivation to post this week.  But be prepared, I am going to attempt to bake heart shaped cinnamon rolls (recipe from my bff) for Valentine's Day and I see thai coconut chicken in my near future--that is when I can taste food again.

We had a Snow Day on Friday which has been my first real "Snow Day" off of work.  So basically I was paid to sit around in a blanket in my pyjamas all day watching Sopranos which made me so happy.  I just wish I had been feeling better to enjoy the day even more.

Since I haven't put makeup on since Thursday I thought I would post about one of my favourite makeup brands:  Buxom.

I am not the type of girl to stick with just one brand of makeup.  I love to experiment with different brands and products.  Buxom has the BEST matte lipstick and mascara though.  Every single new mascara recipe they concoct is better than the last.  

Today I shall show you all my two favourite shades of Buxom's Big & Healthy Lip Sticks.  These are matte lipsticks that slide on smoothly, give a rich and vibrant colour that lasts.  I am not kidding.  This lipstick will be with you for the long haul.  Through dinner and drinks and even hours afterward.  Not only that, the stick serves as a liner and a lipstick and a lip plumper.  The plumping agent does tingle and although that may be weird at first but you get used to it.  It stays on your lips forever and don't be fooled by the thin tube.  You will definitely get a lot of use out of it before the stick runs out. 

And now for my favourite colours..


Everyday Use:  Bombay.  Such a pretty pink.  Not too bold but not a nude either.  It is perfect for a day of running errands or a day at the office.



Going Out:  Brooklyn.  Dates, dinner, or even when I am bored with my makeup and want to make a bolder statement.  This was the first one I purchased and I've been hooked ever since.



My Next Purchase:  Barcelona.  Such a rich, pretty red.  I'd use it every day even though it's so bold.

Sephora (where I have obtained these photos) is the perfect place to pick up Buxom products.  

And there you have it.  I need to get to Sephora.


No comments:

Post a Comment